What is a complaint?
At Portman Dentalcare we pride ourselves on the high quality of care we provide our patients. We aim to look after you as we wish to be looked after ourselves. However, if you have any concerns or comments regarding your dental care, which you wish to raise, we will address these as a matter of priority.
How do I complain?
A complaint may be verbal or written and may be made to any member of the practice team.
How will my complaint be handled?
A verbal complaint will be immediately logged and we will try and resolve your concerns at the time. If appropriate, the Practice Manager, will be able to discuss your complaint to try and resolve the situation for you.
As all of our clinicians operate as independent practitioners, any complaint concerning clinical care will be immediately passed to your treating clinician. Regarding a verbal complaint over your care, the treating clinician should be available to discuss and resolve your concerns.
You may make a complaint in writing to the practice, Practice Manager or practitioner. Your complaint will be handled as outlined below:
What do I do if I’m not satisfied with the complaints process?
- An acknowledgement letter of your complaint will be sent within 3 working days
- Our Complaints Manager, Dr Laura Hunter, will be made aware of your complaint
- If your complaint is regarding clinical care, your complaint will be passed to your treating practitioner in order for them to provide a response and resolution
- Within 15 working days a full response will be provided to you
- If we anticipate any delays in providing a full response, you will be notified and kept updated every ten working days of the progress of your complaint.
If you are not happy with how your complaint has been handled then our Complaints Manager, Dr Laura Hunter, can be contacted at email@example.comWhat do I do if I’m not satisfied with the outcome?
If your care was proved under an NHS contract, and you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint, you may contact NHS EnglandBy post to:
PO Box 16738
B97 9PTBy email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your care was provided privately, and you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint, you may contact the Dental Complaints ServiceBy post to:
Dental Complaints Service
2 Cherry Orchard Road
CR0 6BABy email to: email@example.com
If you remain dissatisfied with the resolution of your complaint then the Parliamentary Health and Service Ombudsman can be contacted on 0345 015 4033